The Online Mediation Marketing Committee consisted of the following members: Chair: Susan Guthrie Members: Michael Aurit, Gabrielle Hartley and Alberto Elisavetsky.
ISSUES CONSIDERED BY THE COMMITTEE
The Marketing Committee was tasked with Considering the Following Questions:
1. What resources, resource center(s) and organizational support will best support the elevation, acceptance and use of online mediation training and online mediation services?
2. How can mediation providers and policy organizations best support the expansion of online mediation providers?
3. How can mediators and other professionals (ie focus of Beyond Mediation Committee) best support the expansion of online mediation?
4. What are the best new opportunities for expanding the application of mediation and online mediation services?
(Resources and Analysis of Options is not here presented)
Based upon the analysis and discussion of the issues and questions outlined above, the Marketing Committee makes the following recommendations with respect to the establishment of modalities for advancing the fields of online mediation and online mediation training:
- A non-profit organization should be established to promote, educate and further the advancement of mediation, online mediation and online mediation training. Ideally, this organization would include participants from around the world and would promulgate material in multiple languages and incorporating international peacemaking trends.
- A central resource hub, perhaps curated and maintained by the aforementioned non-profit organization, should be established to curate and solicit materials in order to provide professionals with support in both educating the public on mediation and online mediation but also to provide high-level training materials for training professionals. These materials should be made available in a wide-range of languages for use internationally. Online Mediation Training Task Force Marketing Committee Report | June 14, 2021
- The many benefits of online mediation and online mediation training should be emphasized in the materials provided to expand awareness.
- Digital marketing allows for the creation of one asset to be dissemminated accross many platforms (ie: websites, social media, email marketing, ect.) This repetition of content can, and should, be leveraged across platforms to create a consistent and ongoing message regarding the efficacy, convenience, and other benefit of the online mediation and mediation training fields.
As with all things, organization and collaboration go a long way to successfully expanding and enhancing the dissemination of any message. A centralized hub created to aggregate the effort would go a long way to creating more awareness and acceptance of mediation, online mediation and online mediation training.
- Both professional and public awareness of online mediation and online mediation training is needed.
- It would be helpful to have one hub to accumulate materials and centralize messaging in a manner suitable for international dissemination.
- Digital marketing allows for a broad distribution of messaging accross multiple and far-reaching platforms which makes it well suited for this endeavor.
Online mediation and online mediation training have been widely adopted during the Covid-19 pandemic and as we move into a post-pandemic world, the benefits of both will likely continue expanding the range of options for all. The Recomendations in this Report of the Online Mediation Training Marketing Committee are suggested in furtherance of promoting acceptance of mediation, online mediation and online mediation training.
|Online Mediation Training Task Force Marketing Committee Report (Online Mediation Training Task Force Marketing Committee Report - 6.14.2021 FINAL.pdf)|
Susan Guthrie, nationally recognized as one of the Top Family Law and Mediation Attorneys in the country, has been helping individuals and families navigate separation and divorce for more than 30 years. Susan provides legal coaching services to select clients around the world.
Susan recently partnered with legal and mediation legend, Forrest "Woody" Mosten to create the Mosten Guthrie Academy for Mediation and Collaborative Law Training. The Academy provides cutting edge and gold standard training for legal and dispute resolution professionals around the world.
As a leading dispute resolution professional, Susan is honored to serve on the Executive Council of the American Bar Association’s (ABA) Section of Dispute Resolution as the Membership Officer and to be a Co-Chair of the Mediation Committee. Susan also serves on the Board of Directors of The Southern California Mediation Association (SCMA).
After a year and half of co-hosting the award winning podcast, Breaking Free: A Modern Divorce Podcast which reached almost 3 million listeners, Susan recently launched her fresh and inspiring new podcast, The Divorce and Beyond Podcast with Susan Guthrie, Esq. (www.divorceandbeyondpod.com) which debuted on iTunes' “Top Podcasts” List for self-help podcasts! Divorce & Beyond is focused on pulling back the curtain on the mysteries of the divorce process and bringing tips and resources to help people to thrive and shine in their new future beyond divorce.
Susan has been featured in and on media outlets such as CNBC, Market Watch, Forbes, the ABA’s Just Resolutions Magazine, Thrive Global, The Nook Online and many more. She is licensed to practice law in the States of California and Connecticut as well as before the Supreme Court of the United States.